We use tracking cookies to enhance your browsing experience and show content like embedded YouTube videos on our website.
Do you permit the use of tracking cookies?
Rank the Importance your items and check for logical consistency.
The Triptych AHP Worksheet can be used to prioritize (or rank) Items by performing pair-wise comparisons of Items against each other in terms of relative importance. The theory behind this approach comes from the Analytical Hierarchy Process developed by Thomas Saaty in 1980.
- Create and manage a AHP matrix with up to 200 x 200 Items
- Add, remove, or insert Items
- Expand matrix with the click of a button
- Compare Items against each other
- Sort Items by Row Total, Relative Importance, or Scaled Importance
- Automatic calculation of Relative Importance and Scaled Importance
The main advantage with AHP worksheets is that it can be easily applied in a group setting and allows a team to come to a consensus on the relative priority of any set of Items. For example, you can:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013 (32 or 64 bit), or 2016 (32 or 64 bit)
- Administrator rights required to install software
- Two comparison scales are available in the AHP (Importance) worksheet: SDI and Saaty.
- Click on the boxes below to see the scales.
- 9: Item A has absolute importance over Item B
- 8: Intermediate value
- 7: Item A has demonstrated importance over Item B
- 6: Intermediate value
- 5: Item A has essential or strong importance over Item B
- 4: Intermediate value
- 3: Item A has weak importance over Item B
- 2: Intermediate value
- 1: Item A is equally important as Item B
- 1/2: Intermediate value
- 1/3: Item B has weak importance over Item A
- 1/4: Intermediate value
- 1/5: Item B has essential or strong importance over Item A
- 1/6: Intermediate value
- 1/7: Item B has demonstrated importance over Item A
- 1/8: Intermediate value
- 1/9: Item B has absolute importance over Item A
This video shows AHP (Importance) using SDI Tools v3 in action. We will be updating this video to reflect changes to SDI Tools v4 soon.