We use tracking cookies to enhance your browsing experience and show content like embedded YouTube videos on our website.
Do you permit the use of tracking cookies?
Translate the voice of your customers into requirements.
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is a planning tool for translating the Voice of the Customer (VOC) into explicit design, production, and manufacturing process requirements.
- Create and manage a House of Quality with up to 200 Whats and 200 Hows
- Add, remove, or insert Whats and Hows with click of a button
- Create How vs. How matrix to identify positive or negative correlations
- Automatic calculation of absolute and relative technical weights and importance
- Store competitive information (importance and technical targets)
The Triptych QFD Worksheet can be used to translate customer needs (WHATS) into to marketing, engineering, or manufacturing requirements (HOWS) based on the strength of the inter-relationships between the Whats and Hows. The traditional House of Quality is constructed in Triptych and the results can automatically flow down from one house to another.
Benefits of QFD:
Benefits of QFD:
- Dispels the "business as usual" approach to planning and design
- Revises operational norms
- Directors and managers become "team members"
- Functional managers are required to donate the services of personnel
- Decision authority is with teams and not individuals
- Lines of communication are established between functions at the working level
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013 (32 or 64 bit), or 2016 (32 or 64 bit)
- Administrator rights required to install software
This video shows QFD using SDI Tools v3 in action. We will be updating this video to reflect changes to SDI Tools v4 soon.