Triptych: Boundary Diagram
Use Boundary Diagrams to define inputs and outputs for your system
Triptych licenses start at $329
Boundary Diagrams are used to identify how systems, sub-systems, or components interact with one or more design items contained within a defined boundary. The direction and type of interactions can be defined. Boundary Diagrams are usually created before a FMEA session.
- NEW Interactively create Boundary and Design Items
- NEW Define four types of transfers: Data, Energy, Material, Physical
- NEW Define transfer directions: input, output, and bi-directional
- NEW Custom formatting of each item
Boundary Diagrams can be used in product development processes to:
- Identify which systems, sub-systems, or components influence a product or process within the boundary of the team's responsibility.
- Illustrate elements outside the boundary of the team's responsibility that could be a potential cause and/or effect of failure.
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 (32 or 64 bit), or 2016 (32 or 64 bit)
- Administrator rights required to install software
- NEW Export to Parameter Diagram worksheet